Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people realize that the summer months in Westerville are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to go out. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can identify any red flags that indicate trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also increases the efficiency of your air conditioner. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable living area is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also reduces your energy bills and lengthens the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at a minimum every three months, so the technician will take a look at the cleanliness of the filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to run harder than it should and can also impact the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when it comes to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will impact how efficiently your air conditioner cools your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are many of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when those moving parts become loose it increases the chance of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can hurt efficiency and raise the amount of energy used.
The experts from Uptown Heating & Cooling in Westerville offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your indoor comfort. Give them a call at 614-344-6949 and make sure your home stays cool this summer.