During the colder Westerville months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it does, a simple call to Uptown Heating & Cooling will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should monitor for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Uptown Heating & Cooling right away if you notice any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be inspected by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not big enough for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility costs, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Uptown Heating & Cooling can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It may be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, call us and our team can help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Uptown Heating & Cooling at 614-344-6949 or book an appointment with us online.