Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Westerville during the cooler months, when they’re required to keep you warm. While you know the team at Uptown Heating & Cooling will always be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks accurate, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Uptown Heating & Cooling at 614-344-6949 and we’ll restore your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.